Saturday, March 17, 2007
Finishing Strong for the Year
It's hard to believe that Spring Break is here! As I look back upon this school year, I have mixed emotions. There are some wonderful things that have taken place this year at Terry Heights but in my heart I know we still have a long way to go. I applaud Ms. Williams for her perseverance with us. You know we can be a challenge!! I also appreciate her for reminding me what the bottom line is- WE ARE HERE FOR THE CHILDREN! Why else would we teach? Remember when you first realized your love for children? What made you choose teaching as your career? Think about those things. Most of our students are victimes of a sad circumstance at home- they really can't help where they come from. I'm sure if they could change their circumstances over night- they would. But we have an opportunity to help change their circumstances over a period of time- every day we teach is an opportunity to make a change for the good for our students. As a member of the leadership team, are we willing to step up to the plate and really be leaders? To set the example for other teachers and staff in our building? Think back- remember the love you have for children- I know that's why I teach. Why are you a teacher?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks so much Gabrielle for responding to the blog. It is refreshing and encouraging to know that others are on the same page as I am. Let's just work hard to get everyone else on board!!!
Thank you both for your leadership and courage to stand up for how you feel about our school and our children. Keep doing what you're doing and the rewards will be well worth it. I appreciate your dedication!
Post a Comment