I really enjoyed our meeting Friday, January 12 and I felt like we all better understood our jobs as members of the Leadership Team at Terry Heights. I have created this blog so that we can express our thoughts, ideas and concerns. I hope you are all reading the 360 Leader. It will help you understand how to lead from anywhere in an organization- whether you are a teacher, aide, principal, etc. I believe Ms. Williams chose us because she believes that we can do this- lead from where we are.
How do you think it is possible to lead our school from your position?
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mrs. Wheeler,
Ms. Taylor, Ms. McNeil and I were collaborating on the topic of Leadership and how we can lead from where we are.
In giving our perspective these are our views:
We think that being a classroom teacher would help in leading the school by understanding the importance of:
- a well layed foundation
- remaining consistent (across grade levels)
- continued collaboration amongst our peers
- keeping lines of communication open
- trusting and respecting one another (opinions, ideas)
- taking risks
- and to become all that we can be
In addition, embracing the schools vision, mission, and priorities will enable us to connect with our leader, the faculty, the students, parents and community.
Thanks Mrs. Coleman and I agree with all of your comments. I believe that as members of the leadership team it is very important for us to show consistency in all we do. When we are consistent, other staff members will take notice and pattern their actions after us. Keeping lines of communication open is also key. As the PE teacher I need to be able to professionally discuss any matters of concern with the classroom teachers and I need to be able to trust that teacher to react professionally.
Post a Comment